Search This Blog

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Consulting can Help

First, let me remind readers that I write these blogs on whims, or at the request of individual readers. I don't edit them, ponder over them, or "develop" them in any way. They're always "off the cuff" and may need more clarification. Feel free to contact me and ask for better explanations.

Yesterday I ran into an old co-worker whose smile and positive attitude reminded me that there are some amazing people out there who, against all odds, deal with millions of pounds of unnecessary stress in order to remain dedicated to the children of our communities. She also reminded me that people, parents, teachers, and caregivers often need help and don't necessarily want the “invasive” government programs to invade their lives. She suggested that I tell others that I am available to consult with families, schools, or whoever feels overwhelmed with the responsibilities of child rearing and/or teaching. Just like a chef knows that she can cook, I've done this long enough to know that I can help to create Individualized Education Plans with your child's teacher, behavior modification plans, organize environments to help children be successful and much, much more! It's just a matter of inviting someone in and asking for help. I can be reached through my e-mail address at the top of the blog, if anybody would like help with a certain child, a group of children, or just to understand why kids do what they do. I'm here to help and, remember, nobody's expected to be perfect as we all go “Down the Slide” in our own ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment